Table of contents
- Minutes of the 2004 Annual Meeting of the Members of The Logical Language Group, Inc.
The sixteenth Annual Meeting of the Members of The Logical Language Group, Inc. was called to order on July 4, 2004 at 2214 UTC
Roll call was taken of the members.
Members attending (15) were:
- Pierre Abbat
- John Cowan
- Jerome Desquilbet
- John Hodges
- Charles Hope
- Arnt Richard Johansen
- Jay Kominek
- Nora LeChevalier
- Bob LeChevalier
- Jorge Llambias
- Robin Powell
- And Rosta
- Rob Speer
- Mark Shoulson
- Nick Nicholas
- Gary Burgess (arrived after the roll call).
Members "present" (4) by proxy:
- Gregory Dyke (to And Rosta)
- Veijo Vilva (to Robert LeChevalier)
- Robin Turner
- Unidentified (to Jorge Llambias)
19 members present - Quorum.
The chair was turned over to John Cowan.
Formal notice of the meeting was not given, there fore the chair ruled that bylaw amendments were not in order.
The chair waived the reading of the previous meeting's minutes as they were available at LLG 2003 Annual Meeting Minutes. There were no objections.
The chair waived the Secretary and Treasurer reports in favour of their incorporation into the 2004 AGM Minutes. There were no objections.
The chair waived the reading of the President's Report as it was not complete, in favour of its incorporation into the 2004 AGM Minutes. Robin Powell requested a one-sentence synopsis for the record: "Not much happened this year except for the byfy, which made some excellent progress."
The byfy report had already been filed as of the 2004 AGM, and so the chair waived its reading.
The bookkeeping committee report had already been filed as of the 2004 AGM, and so the chair waived its reading.
The Worldcon committee representative was absent and so the chair waived the reading of the report.
Present, but not members:
- jsled (legal name not given)
- Theodore Reed (was in the channel, but not actually attentive)
- Yann Le Du
Qualifications, responsibilities explained. Yann Le Du desired to be considered.
- MOVED: To offer membership to Yann Le Du - PASSED without objection.
- MOVED: To offer membership to Theodore Reed not present. - PASSED without objection
Current Board includes
No new nominations were proposed. The existing board of directors were acclaimed for the 2004-2005 term.
- MOVED: The Worldcon committee be discharged and converted into a project. - PASSED without objection
- MOVED: The Bookkeeping Procedures committee be discharged. - PASSED without objection
- MOVED: jboske be added as a separate project. - DROPPED due to lack of interest
- MOVED: Lojban Java list be added as a project. - DROPPED due to lack of interest
Since formal notice of the meeting was not given, votes on bylaw amendments were not binding and server only as "straw votes" to determine the sense of the meeting.
- MOVED: Amendment 9a (election of officers by general meeting rather than board members) - PASSED without objection (NON-BINDING)
- MOVED: Amendment 9b (references to specific communication methods replaced with more flexible language) - committed to committee for report, then voted on - PASSED (NON-BINDING)
- Bob LeChevalier noted that there may be some issues with Virginia law associated with communications methods.
- The final vote was 15 in favour, 1 against, two abstentions
- MOVED: Amendment 9c.i (abolition of proxies entirely) - proceeded to a rollcall vote - FAILED
- The final vote was 3 in favour, 16 against, with one abstention.
- MOVED: Amendment 9c.ii (abolition of blind proxies) - DROPPED without objection due to lack of clear meaning of "blind" and "instructed" in the amendment
- MOVED: David Twery be removed for lack of activity - FAILED
- The final vote was 7 in favour, 6 against (2/3 majority required)
- MOVED: Dave Barton be removed for lack of activity - FAILED
- The final vote was 9 in favour, 6 against (2/3 majority required)
The meeting was adjourned by the chair at 0226 UTC