A constructed language which is either recognizably based on logical principles
or belongs to the Loglan family:
- New LoCCan is a possible next revision of Loglan/Lojban.
Also we have other projects like
- Loglan is now a generic term that refers both to James Cooke Brown's Loglan, and all languages descended from it. Since the organization that Dr. Brown established, The Loglan Institute (TLI), still calls its language Loglan, it is necessary to state that this section refers specifically to the TLI language, instead of the entire family of languages.
- Nalgol, which was a project of totally redoing Loglan.
- Gua\spi, which is in the same string as Nalgol. Gua\spi is a descendent of Lojban and Loglan which uses Chinese-like tones to mark grammatical structure, developed by Jim Carter. By using tones instead of structure words, and cutting predicates from two to one syllable, Carter has fixed a minor flaw in Gua\spi's predecessors â€“ they take a lot of syllables to say things, albeit at the expense of adding tone, which is a far from universal language trait.
- Ceqli by Rex F. May is an auxiliary language project with origins in James Cooke Brown's Loglan, but has influences from English and Mandarin.
- Voksigid created by an Internet working group led by Bruce R. Gilson, attempts to construct a predicate language of a different type from those which had gone before. Its syntax was somewhat influenced by Japanese, and its vocabulary was based mostly on European language roots. Loglan and Lojban both use word order to mark the various places in the predication, but because remembering which position means which role in the predication might be beyond easy memorization for most people, Voksigid was designed in order to overcome this issue. It uses an extensive set of very semantically specific prepositions to mark the roles of verb arguments, instead of positional order as in Loglan and Lojban link.
- Lojsk was conceived by Ari Reyes, heavily influenced by Loglan, Lojban, Universal Networking Language (UNL), Esperanto, Visual Basic, Dutton's Speedwords, Ceqli and Gua\spi. It is designed to be more single-syllable oriented. If possible, that would nonetheless lead Lojsk to be more sensitive to noisy environments than Lojban is, therefore its practicality in oral communication may be questioned.
- Viku: An Art Language (pronounced "VEE-koo") is an art language, created as an expression of Victor Medrano's personal philosophy of minimalism, simplicity, and xenophilia. Inspiration for Viku arose from Japanese and Polynesian languages. Lojban has a great influence on Viku grammar. Viku is said to be a crucible for blending primitivism with modernism.
why don't we just call them all "loglans" since that's a generic term?
I think it is useful to reserve loglan for members of the Loglan family. — mi'e And.
A related term that is useful but unused is engelang or engilang for "engineered language", which is a little more general than loglang, "based on logical principles". Features like self-segregating morphology are not particularly logical, but typical of an engelang.
-- mi'e And. (...platybau ?)